An insurance broker can help
The insurance broker value proposition
If you haven’t worked with an insurance broker before, you’re probably oblivious to the many benefits they can bring to your life or business. So to make your life easier, we’ve set out the best reasons for using a broker for all your insurance needs.
- Insurance brokers are objective and qualified insurance experts, with a depth of experience, understanding and training that you just cannot match if you’re buying insurance directly online yourself.
- Brokers partner with their clients, providing expert advice and advocacy as well as looking after the insurance details, including claims. This enables you to focus on your business.
- Insurance brokers understand and assess your risk, using their expertise to review all options and tailor cover to match your risk, cost effectively.
- Brokers deliver personalised service because they take the time to understand your business and build long term relationships.
- Brokers are objective specialists and can access insurance covers from a wide range of underwriters and insurance agents, both in Australia and overseas.
- Businesses face a broad and expanding range of risks, including emerging areas such as cybercrime. Insurance brokers are at the forefront of this rapidly evolving insurance environment, and are developing and tailoring covers to respond to these changes.
- Brokers are firmly on their clients’ side, and act as advocates at all times, including during time of claim. This can severely reduce your stress levels at times of crisis.
- Insurance brokers need to undergo accreditation. The QPIB qualification is the mark of a fully qualified and experienced broker. They need to have had a minimum level of training, and undergo regular training each year to keep their skills up-to-date. You can read more about that here.
The Role Of The Broker document also outlines the value that insurance brokers provide to clients and the benefit to the economy.
Need more information on how brokers can help? Then view our series of animated videos here.